Saturday, July 30, 2005

G-OFLG down and out!

Very bad news! Our much cherished TB10, G-OFLG crashed last saturday afternoon and is assessed as being beyond economic repair.

The good news is that the pilot (not me) and passenger are OK, although the pilot got a nasty broken leg and probably needs a bone graft operation. I don't want to write too much about the pilot on an open forum like this I will write about the aircraft instead.

Don't know too much about the accident and not right to speculate, but my colleagues in the group report that the aircraft failed to develop full power on the take off run and crashed on take off.

The sad remains of our aircraft

This is a bitter blow as she was a lovely aircraft with a nice avionics fit and seemed to be running nicely. I flew her the Monday before as recorded in this diary.

The sad remains of our aircraft

One of the group is off to visit the pilot this weekend and of course there is the AAIB and insurance stuff to go through. I just hope that the pilot make a full recovery and we can think where we go from here.

For myself, well accidents happen. There are car accidents every day but people still drive. I will certainly continue to fly. In fact I went up in one of the local club Piper Arrows on Friday and want to get signed off in that. Then I will consider what happen in the group, whether we buy another plane or I see what other groups there are out there.