Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks!

Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks!

This tailwheel sign-off business is proving to be very frustrating. I have been part of the group since late December and for various reasons, have only managed 6.5 hours flying (and 41 landings mind you!). Combination of weather (mainly), plane going tech, holiday, lack of instructor etc.

For the last three weeks, I have been hoping for evening lessons to do crosswind landings for full sign-off, but the plane has been tech (magneto 500 hour check revealed we needed new distributor disks - no I don't know what these are either!). It is hard looking out of the window at perfect flying weather with no plane.

Magnetos sorted last week and finally got the plane back in commission last Saturday. So booked tonight with the instructor.

Being careful, I checked my voicemail on the mobile about an hour before setting out - great, no messages.

Headed off to the airfield and of course the weather was fine - too fine, only a breath of wind with a pretty weedy crosswind. Never mind, I'll take what I can get.

I get to the club to be intercepted by the efficient administrator at Cotswold who seems upset that I didn't get the message from one of the other owners that when he turned up to fly at lunchtime, the right tyre was completely flat!

Sure enough - flat as a pancake and no one around at this time to look at it.

So another session cancelled.

Well, try again for one or two evening next week, but God! This is an exercise in frustration! Well, wlecome to the joys of aircraft ownership and flying in this country I guess! Still pissed off, but I feel a bit better for this rant!